Thursday, July 11, 2024

Reach Out

 Mentally planning to reach out

Only to freeze up and not

When the distance and space you thought you'd have to prepare

And gear up

Closed more quickly than you anticipated


Entice. Tease. Request. Implore.

All the same connection we're vying for.

Worry and excitement, inseparable twins

Linked in a pattern so the heart can win


Running through the paths where my thoughts spin

Looking for something to express, akin

To what I desire to have or be


The messy and tangled of thoughts left unvoiced

Beside clacks of bangles of words I've made the choice

The share


Even though part of me wishes to erase

To go back to before you knew

Return to the chase

Of finding me

Not binding or blinding me

Walled off with doubt

To before all those spills you now know about.


Of building this person who's puzzled, corrupt

Willing my thoughts to interrupt

And find ME

Authentic and refusing to hide

But maybe it's better to keep the unfinished inside


No. No more magic in jars.

It's time to unscrew the cap

Let it fly to the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment