Sunday, November 15, 2009

"It's complicated."

I'm so glad I decided to take notes in church today. I think I'll do that every week now, I get more out of it that way. Call me a goody-two-shoes if you like, but yes, I'm going to take notes in church (: and there's nothin you can do about it!

It was a farewell, but the missionaries talk isn't what struck me. I'm just going to say a couple words from his - There are many rakes to be leaved. Pahaha.

Ok, the one who I took more notes on was his dad. Funny thing is, his dad didn't even know he'd be speaking on his son's farewell day, he had been told far back he'd be speaking for our ward. He's a stake somethin or other. And I really needed to hear what he had to say today.. cool how that works, eh? (: Here's his message:

People always say "Oh it's a lot more complicated than that." about life. But really, it isn't. Love the Lord thy God, love thy neighboor as thyself, it's not "a lot more complicated than that." People make things too complicated, we get involved in complicated things, when really, it *isn't* that complicated. The Lord loves us, he is love, and we need to remember that. *Simply* [oppostie of complicated] understand that love and success will be almost automatic.

There's a real short version of what he said, and he spoke of other things too, because he was talking about missionary work, but this part is the part I needed. He's right, people make things complicated, and it really doesn't need to be. My mind has been confuzzled lately, but thinking about what Brother D said I'm finding my mind a little less frustrating. I'll just.. live. Live and remember the Lord's love for me.. and love other's.. then really, I'm good. For the most part anyway.

1 comment: