Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dear Heart (again)

I write to you again as my name you seem to call
Remembering the line "If you could only tell me all"
Completely that you did not do, never told me if I really did fall
I now realize too, that order was a bit tall

Echoes of enchantment ringing in my ear
I declare "No regrets" for my friends to hear
And though it hurt a little, I did not shed a tear
Remembering too much is now my only fear

I promise I'm not angry, just a little bit confused
I know I've been replaced, and now should I feel used?
His thoughts and pleasent dreams I may have entered and amused
Soon will disappear this faint and short termed bruise

Half recognizing your song, my hearts plea
For his peace and smiles I find myself asking on my knees
Knowing now it's someone else who holds that special key
She's the one who makes him happy now, not me.

Dear heart, I feel as if I should one thing her entreat
Ask her to try always to keep his joy complete
And let her know not to worry, for him I will not compete.
My only hope for us now is that our friendship will get back on it's feet.

As I think about that day, I know those friends were heaven sent.
That night... I actually enjoyed, it was a time well spent
And only for a small moment did my emotions rent
Any thank you's I now give out are very strongly meant

Right now will be the hardest time, but someone else will come
Someone who will again make me shine, and cause my heart to hum
I will give him smiles, and my words he will strike dumb
But for now maybe a protection, for a while I may feel numb.

I've been trying to decide if I should remove this band
I can no longer call on you to comfort, or take my hand
Something like this, I was expecting, though it's not like it was planned
Now to prevent me from too much remembering,
I let go that gift, and in my world of pages it will land

Thinking on the lines I said when I was back to wishing
I felt a hint of what it would be if you I began *fully* missing
I guess I had prepared myself so you, my heart, could faster take wing
Now faith for a better life, and his *friendship* doth happiness bring

After these days stronger friendships come to me
Especially this one - To the jelly! =D

Thank you so much to Cl~, Sync, Lemons, Gordo, Mr. Smooth, and Jelly [E.S.]. I don't think you'll ever fully understand how much you helped. I love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment